14 Words
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stretching a dollar farther

2 posters

Go down

Stretching a dollar farther Empty Stretching a dollar farther

Post  Deutsche Frau Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 pm

I know very well the importance of stretching a dollar. Whenever I go to the store I have a choice... choose the sub par brand of something and save a couple of cents, or choose the brand that was made in the US and lose a couple of cents. With the state of everything today, I'd like to know what choice everyone makes.
Deutsche Frau
Deutsche Frau

Back to top Go down

Stretching a dollar farther Empty Sometimes its a hard choice!

Post  Printessa / Admin Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Well most stuff I buy I purchase stuff individuals are selling and just refurbish is (which is really fun by the way)
When it comes to clothing most stuff I make myself, specially since I love rockabilly clothing that shit is so expensive, besides I have a little waste and a large top so nothing I get at a store really fits me right anyways, If I do buy something at the store its usually at a thrift store or on clearence. I'll post some pics in a week or so of what I did to some hand-me-down clothing given to my daughter that will end up looking really cool.
When it comes to buying food, I almost always get the store brand which really should not be considered under-par, the only true difference is not taste but use a can of fruit the fruit slices may not be cut into exact perfect sized cuts, a couple of other differences is maybe the color of something but if you look nutritional value generally its the same aswell as taste.
Specially if you shop at stores such as ALDI, Save-A-Lot or Wal-Mart most of which their food products are USA made.
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin

http://14words.help-out.net

Back to top Go down

Stretching a dollar farther Empty Re: Stretching a dollar farther

Post  Deutsche Frau Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Printessa / Admin wrote:Well most stuff I buy I purchase stuff individuals are selling and just refurbish is (which is really fun by the way)
When it comes to clothing most stuff I make myself, specially since I love rockabilly clothing that shit is so expensive, besides I have a little waste and a large top so nothing I get at a store really fits me right anyways, If I do buy something at the store its usually at a thrift store or on clearence. I'll post some pics in a week or so of what I did to some hand-me-down clothing given to my daughter that will end up looking really cool.
When it comes to buying food, I almost always get the store brand which really should not be considered under-par, the only true difference is not taste but use a can of fruit the fruit slices may not be cut into exact perfect sized cuts, a couple of other differences is maybe the color of something but if you look nutritional value generally its the same aswell as taste.
Specially if you shop at stores such as ALDI, Save-A-Lot or Wal-Mart most of which their food products are USA made.
Thank you for the advice! I'm also into rockabilly and you're right.... waaaay too expensive! How hard is it to make your own clothes? I've never even thought of it before, I also have a small waist and large top, so it would behoove me to at least make an attempt at it!
Deutsche Frau
Deutsche Frau

Back to top Go down

Stretching a dollar farther Empty Re: Stretching a dollar farther

Post  Printessa / Admin Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Deutsche Frau wrote:Thank you for the advice! I'm also into rockabilly and you're right.... waaaay too expensive! How hard is it to make your own clothes? I've never even thought of it before, I also have a small waist and large top, so it would behoove me to at least make an attempt at it!
If you know how to sew it's not that hard but it is vary, vary time consuming.... Here are a couple of samples of the clothes I have made recently... And you know you can also do like I do and got to Hot Topics & Triad Clothing (I know the smallest size they sell is like I think a 12) but both stores have vary cute rockabilly and retro style dresses sometimes on the clearance section and find Dress that might be from 1 to 10 sizes to big but I really like the style of it I usually try and pick them up specially when they have the Additional 50% off clearance sale, then I try them on when I get home pin them take them in and alter them to fit me perfectly.
Stretching a dollar farther Img_1610 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1410 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1510 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1511 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1612 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1613 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1614 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1615 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1710 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1711

Oh ya I also make some really cute purses aswell... alien
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin

http://14words.help-out.net

Back to top Go down

Stretching a dollar farther Empty Sorry one pic did not go through :(

Post  Printessa / Admin Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Stretching a dollar farther Img_1616 Stretching a dollar farther Img_1617
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin