14 Words
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recycle Old Clothing

Go down

How Many of you Recycle Old Clothing

Recycle Old Clothing Vote_lcap100%Recycle Old Clothing Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Recycle Old Clothing Vote_lcap0%Recycle Old Clothing Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Recycle Old Clothing Empty Recycle Old Clothing

Post  Printessa / Admin Mon May 11, 2009 1:09 pm

So do any of you out their Recycle old clothing?
I love to take old clothing I pick up at yardsales, craigsList, freecycle and resale stores. and turn them into cool stuff, like refurbish clothing, making bags & purses our of pants & shirts. I even once took a bunch of old jeans cut them up into just random pieces and fraid the edges then glued them all over a little night stand table for my daughter once the glue was all dried I let her have a sleepover with a couple of her friends and all the girs drawed all kinds of stuff over it like flowers and fairies and even put those litte glue on gemstones the next day I took thick poyurethane (the bar-top type that is super thick and makes amost like a gass top finish) it made such a great and cute little night stand and keep sake on the vary top of the table I took and printed off a pic of the girls all decorating it and cut it into a circle and then cut out pics of each of the girls faces into teardrop shapes and made a flower shape with all the pieces, it is oh so very cute, I think it's one of those things she will want to keep forever....
We also made a quilt out of all my daughters old tshirts that she did not want to give away because they all had tinkerbell on then we had a couple of shirts left over so we made T-shirt shaped pillows to match the quilt all we did was sew the neck lines, bottoms of the sleeves, and the bottom of the shirt itself together and stuffed them with pollyfill... flower

We also make Book covers out of old jeans and shirts for hardback books and Pocket magnets.... And let the kids decorate them.
Here are some sample pics, sorry my camera is not working for me to post pics of the ones we made, when I get it fixed I will post pics of the ones our kids made. lol! ....Recycle Old Clothing Jean-main_Full Recycle Old Clothing Jeans_book_cover I will post some tutorials latter on how to make these...

Share your ideas of things that can be done with old clothing... I would love to know what other peope do with old clothing too
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin

http://14words.help-out.net

Back to top Go down

Recycle Old Clothing Empty How To Make a Denim Pocket Purse

Post  Printessa / Admin Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 am

My daughter and her friends made these during one of their famous Craft Night Sleepovers.... flower
Have an old pair of jeans that you can't bear to toss? Then, turn them into a cute denim pocket purse.

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 30 minutes or less
Here's How:
1.Remove the back pockets from a pair of jeans using a seam ripper. Hint: If you work on the inside of the pants, the seams will be easy to see and rip.

2.Place the two pockets on top of each other, with good sides facing out, and pin.

3.Then, cut a piece of ribbon to serve as the handle, tuck it inside the pockets, and pin in place.

4.Sew around the outside edge of the pockets, and your purse is complete!.

Tips:
1.Personalize your purse with embroidery, buttons, bows or other embellishments.
2.Use the pockets off of a pair of child's jeans to make a change purse to go inside your purse.
3.Denim pocket purses can also be used as gift bags or party favor bags.
What You Need:
•An old pair of jeans
•Ribbon
•A seam ripper
•A needle
•Thread
•Scissors

When the girls made these I sewed zippers into them so their little girly stuff would not fall out of their little bags... They aso used paint, gemstones and cute patches, a coupe of the girls painted cute little tattoo style designs on them...
Recycle Old Clothing Denimpocketpurse
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recycle Old Clothing Empty Things to do with Old Chuck Tylor Converse Shoes!

Post  Printessa / Admin Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Ok so my husband finally wore out his Sailor Jerry Chucks they had a really cook Lucky Cards Design on them so instead of throwing them away I cut them up and took a blue camo skirt I found for like $0.50 at a thrift store. Laced up just the one side of the of the shoe I cut up . And here is the result...

Recycle Old Clothing IMG_0129
Recycle Old Clothing IMG_0130Recycle Old Clothing IMG_0128
Printessa / Admin
Printessa / Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recycle Old Clothing Empty Re: Recycle Old Clothing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down